- 2 tsp smooth Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 2 small cloves of garlic, crushed to a paste with a little sea salt
- freshly ground white pepper
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 125mls whipping cream
- 400g extra fine French green beans, topped and tailed
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 large shallot, very finely chopped
- a little extra olive oil to serve
- Top and tail the beans.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, oil and pepper until smooth in a large bowl.
- Mix in the garlic paste, then pour in the cream, continuing to whisk, until frothy and slightly thickened; do not over-mix or the cream will split.
- Fill a large pan with salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Drop in the beans and cook briskly for 3-4 minutes or until tender - but not at all crunchy.
- Drain in a colander and leave until lukewarm. Tip into the salad bowl, together with the parsley and shallots, and mix well. Trickle over a little extra olive oil and serve forthwith.