- 4 white sugar cubes
- 12 drops Angostura bitters, 3 per sugar cube
- Ice cubes, 5-6 per glass - and almost the most important part of the drink
- 80mls Triple Sec, 20 mls per glass
- 80mls decent Cognac [Remy Martin, Courvoisier, say], 20mls per glass
- 1 bottle Champagne, 150mls per glass
- 4 thin slices of orange
- Take 4 roomy stemmed wine glasses; a finely made large red wine glass would be appropriate. Pop a sugar cube into each glass and shake the drops of Angostura over each one. Add the Triple Sec and Cognac to each glass.
- Now pour in the Champagne, add the ice and slide a slice of orange into each glass. Stir with a long thin spoon to distribute all the components. Drink with great joy!